Why Choose Self-Catering Accommodation in Graaff-Reinet, The Jewel of The Karoo?
Graaff-Reinet, often called the Jewel of the Karoo, is renowned for the beautiful nature that surrounds this small town. Graaff-Reinet is also rich in Afrikaans culture and history which dates back to 1786. This quaint town offers a variety of accommodation options, from bed and breakfasts, self-catering guest houses, and backpackers hostels, to the local hotel. Accommodation will never be a problem for tourists either passing through or staying a bit longer in Graaff-Reinet.
Where to Stay?
When deciding what accommodation to book in this beautiful town, there are a couple of aspects to keep in mind:
- What do you expect to be included? Some people want a breakfast included, whereas others prefer to make their own breakfast plans. What makes self-catering a good option is that you are in charge of your own meals. This means you can decide what you want to eat and when you want to eat it. Graaff-Reinet has an excellent variety of restaurants to choose from. Self-catering accommodation also provides a kitchenette where you can prepare your own meals.
- How eager are you to get to your location? Being in a rush and just passing through Graaff-Reinet, or you wanting to stay a bit longer will have an influence on what type of accommodation you select. Self-catering is the better choice when you want to hit the road early and you cannot wait around for breakfast. You can leave any time you want and have a meal wherever you want.
- What are you willing to pay? Accommodation costs also have a major influence on where you stay. Bed and breakfast guest houses will be the more expensive option, because of the meals included. Self-catering, even though you pay for your meals somewhere else, will generally be more affordable.
- Do you have any pets? Not all accommodation types are pet-friendly. In Graaff-Reinet we have a list of pet-friendly accommodation options for you to choose from.
- Bedroom space? The living areas and bedrooms of self-catering accommodation are often more spacious than that of bed-and-breakfast establishments. This is primarily because, with self-catering units, more things are included, like a kitchenette with kitchenware and dining room tables.
Who to choose in Graaff-Reinet
In Graaff-Reinet, the list of self-catering and bed-and-breakfast guest houses is long. However, according to many guests, KarooRus guesthouse is the best self-catering accommodation option in the entire Graaff-Reinet district. KarooRus has seven self-catering units, each with fully equipped kitchen, private en-suite bathroom, private and safe parking, and even braai areas with wood included. It is located in the heart of Graaff-Reinet and is walking distance from most shops and restaurants.
We are pet- and child-friendly and there is a safe and private area where children and pets can play and be supervised from the comfort of your unit. Furthermore, our units are equipped with DStv, Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, a desk, and electric blankets. We provide baby camping cots and plastic baby baths with no extra costs upon request.
For more information about our units, contact our team today.