Self-Catering Accommodation in Graaff-Reinet – the Gem of the Eastern Cape
Tourists from around the world are drawn to the unique beauty of Africa. The combination of sunny weather, beautiful fauna and flora, and modern conveniences such as malls and top-class accommodation put South-Africa at the top of many tourists’ to-do lists. There is no better place to experience South Africa’s wide variety of sights, activities, and accommodation options than the Eastern Cape.
Things to See and Do in the Eastern Cape
A visit to the Eastern Cape is definitely a trip on the wild side. One can travel from the depths of a coastal forest to the wide open spaces of the Karoo within an hour or two. Some of the must-see attractions are:
- The beautiful Tsitsikamma National Park and the Storms River Suspension Bridge. This national park in Knysna is well-known for its fauna and flora and is one of the most beautiful stretches of coastline in the world.
- Addo Elephant National Park is less than 40 minutes’ drive from Port Elizabeth. As one of the top five largest national parks in the country, it boasts a great variety of animals in their natural habitat.
- The Mountain Zebra National Park in the Cradock area with its sunny skies, open plains and, of-course, the beautiful Cape mountain zebras.
- The Boardwalk Casino and Entertainment world in Port Elizabeth is known for all sorts of entertainment, live shows, and gaming, as well as their 5-star luxury accommodation.
- Surfers from all around the world come to Jeffreys Bay to catch the best waves at Paradise Beach.
Located in the centre of this province – only a few hours’ drive from most sights and activities – is the town of Graaff-Reinet. Also known as the “Jewel of the Karoo,” this beautiful town finds a place in the hearts of visitors who return time and again. There is much to see and do in Graaff-Reinet. Old buildings with rich histories, beautiful churches, the Valley of Desolation, excellent restaurants, and quaint little shops will keep one busy. Many tourists have passed through Graaff-Reinet and opted to linger a little longer than planned. Last-minute bookings are a regular occurrence in town when tourists decide to arrange accommodation for an extra night or two – they have a choice between bed-and-breakfast, self-catering, or backpacker establishments.
Why Choose KarooRus
KarooRus self-catering guest house welcome these drop-in visitors. Our seven fully equipped self-catering units are within walking distance of most sights, activities, monuments, museums, and shops in Graaff-Reinet. The quiet neighbourhood in which we are located ensures a peaceful night’s rest. The positive reviews received from guests confirm that we have a winning recipe with our self-catering accommodation. Each of our spacious units is equipped as follows:
- En-suite bathroom with shower.
- Equipped self-catering kitchen with all cooking and eating utensils.
- Braai facilities with free wood.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- DStv and a flat-screen television.
- Safe, off-street parking with motorised gates.
- Top-quality bedding and linen.
- Camping cots, baby baths, and plastic cutlery for young travellers.
- Wheelchair-friendly (one of but a few providers of self-catering accommodation in Graaff-Reinet offering this).
Contact our team for more information and be sure to book your stay this beautiful part of the Eastern Cape.